Halloween Harassment

Posted by Tara Rose | Posted in | Posted on 2:15 PM



I submitted my Halloween story to Holla Back.

I'm still sore about it. For posterity (and greater awareness), here's my story and a picture of the perp.


This was taken at the Union Square 14th St station. My friend and I were waiting for the 4 train and were dressed up for Halloween. She was fighting with her boyfriend and also quite inebriated so she sat on the platform (ew, but what can you do?). I crouched next to her to comfort her. That's when I noticed some a**hole on the opposite platform zooming in on my friend's crotch and his flash go off. He actually walked to the edge of the platform and bent to get her crotch. I tried to alert her, but she was too drunk to move. I pulled my camera out, and he immediately hid behind a metal pillar. I snapped the shot as fast as I could and shouted some choice words at him. He hid behind that damn pillar until the next train came. I wish the photo was less blurry. I was shaking with anger. It had already been a bad night and though I've been harassed before, no one's ever aimed a camera at me. It felt so violating that someone I don't know has a picture of my friend's crotch, and possibly me, is showing his stupid friends, and maybe posting it on the internet somewhere. He was a young guy, mid-twenties, with short black hair. He wasn't wearing a costume, but a maroon track jacket and jeans. It was so frustrating to just stand on the other side of the platform while that perv looked at his camera. At least there's Holla Back.

Comments (0)